White Night Academy
Welcome to White Night Academy (WNA). If you want to improve your dueling skills and have fun at the same time you found the perfect place. Register here and then a Personal Message (PM) will be sent to you with more directions. Hurry up and start dueling!



 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Top posters
Namujess
 
L.Lawliet
 
~Cassie~
 
Drillwarrior
 
99nour
 
DarkFusion
 
<psychoturtle>
 
Asuka-san08
 
IamPsychoturtle
 
irvin260
 
Latest topics
» Memories... A night visit.
by Goku Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:14 am

» New Members
by destiny2301 Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:04 pm

» Introduction
by GrmSolQB Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:18 am

» Yo what up guys
by TheShadow1442 Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:03 am

» Introduction
by wallab33 Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:16 am

» xI F4ultless' Room
by xI F4ultless Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:41 pm

» Greetings everyone
by edgarxratm Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:20 pm

» intreduction
by jake 122 Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:21 pm

» I quit now.
by yugibob91 Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:45 pm

» Hello everyone!
by SuperAce629 Wed May 15, 2013 7:52 am

» Hey im new
by Killua Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:29 pm

» Epic Quotes #1
by death-coder Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:51 am

» ummm hi..Jacobking here ^-^
by JacobkKing Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:10 pm

» Elemental Dragon Deck
by Omega 6 Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:21 pm

» OmiSix aka Omega 6
by Omega 6 Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:17 pm


Share | 
 

 Concerning Staff

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
99nour
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
avatar

Posts : 612
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 19
Location : Cairo, Egypt

PostSubject: Concerning Staff   Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:31 pm

Okay. Just few small things to say.

Administrators:
- Turtle
- Lasercut
- DarkFusion

Moderators:
- Turtle
- Lasercut
- Insanity

So, basically; You only have 3 Admins and 1 Moderator. Do YOU think that's enough?
--
RP Moderators:
- J.J. Knight
- NPC

Okay.. So basically only one person is a RP mod, and he's not even that active. Ouch.
--
Testers:
- bakura normal
- Colder Than Ice
- DracoTitan
- Goblin-Jikki
- lasercut
- MonarchTheLegend
- Mugen Daas

Ah, let's see now.. Too much? No! It isn't, actually. 7 Testers is what you think you see.. But.. Let's see now.

Colder Than Ice: Inactive User (I think)
MonarchTheLegend: Inactive User
Mugen Daas: Inactive & Never even posted a single post EVER!

So you sorta have like 4 testers. [I didn't say 4 was bad]
--
Dorm Leaders:
- Diamond Dust; CoffeeGod
- Snowstorm Peak; N/A
- Icicle Palace; N/A

Okay, first of all; CoffeeGod is inactive ._. Second, we need Dorm Leaders. tongue = Oh, so you're one of THOSE types, eh? Well, getting dorm leaders will get more activity for the users because of events Wink
Sidenote #1: The groups still have description "Obelisk Blue Leader is here." and etc, not Snowstorm & such
Sidenote #2: Please change all 3 of them into closed groups



Correct me if I'm wrong :3

Edit:

+
Members of the staff, preferably Moderators or Administrators, are also going to have to take care of the Card & Song Competitions, along with the lessons and puzzles.


Last edited by 99nour on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://duelinguniversity.forumotion.com/
Lethal Insanity
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Im also a tester and in charge of all the testers. Yeah some of them are inactive, and mods arent really needed. Admins do all that. Im just under mod to make it easier for groups

~Lethal~


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cooljoshua567
Diamondust Mountain
Diamondust Mountain
avatar

Posts : 86
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 22
Location : Brampton, ON

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:15 pm

Wait, so are you looking for a dorm leader for diamond dust mountain? If so, I would love to fill that position if it's ok with you all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
L.Lawliet
Frozen Throne
Frozen Throne
avatar

Posts : 893
Join date : 2011-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:49 pm

Good point nour... most of them don't do anything V_V
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Light,Yagami
Icicle Palace
Icicle Palace
avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2012-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:38 pm

if your looking for a dorm leader i wouldnt mind the job, i know im new but still i would like to try out for the job
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kimo Force
Icicle Palace
Icicle Palace
avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2012-02-01
Age : 22
Location : Egypt

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:58 pm

If I have anything to say on the matter, positions among the staff are to be carefully decided by the previous staff. Simple demotions and promotions could leave a forum as a wreck, or could severely boost activity. I am one who has experienced that previously back when I was still an administrator.
Do not simply leave a field empty, and wait for a certain member to apply. Promoting a member must be decided by a staff in a secret topic in the hidden staff section, where staff would bring up a member, compare pros to cons, explain why they do or do not feel comfortable towards that member, and decide on the promotion. It should also be aimed at positions that the staff is lacking in.
Take this very seriously, do not rush things, do not make rash decisions, and do not hide any objections you have in mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/
Gustavito
Icicle Palace
Icicle Palace


Posts : 50
Join date : 2012-02-04
Location : I don't even...

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:21 pm

i wanna be icicle dorm leader.. i is active bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bakura normal
Tester
Tester
avatar

Posts : 87
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:04 pm

You know you wana make me admin... Jk xD

Anyway I kinda agree with what nour is saying

But the tester amount is enough, tests are done regulary and I haven't seen someone waiting for a test in a while.

We need more mods yea.

Dorm leader will be picked in due time when there will be people who can take the position I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irvin260
Diamondust Mountain
Diamondust Mountain
avatar

Posts : 291
Join date : 2011-12-17
Age : 20
Location : Panama

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:42 am

mmm I agree with baku we should do tourneys for leader positions xD it maybe kinda fun
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cooljoshua567
Diamondust Mountain
Diamondust Mountain
avatar

Posts : 86
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 22
Location : Brampton, ON

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:04 am

^ It wouldn't be a good idea, to decide the leader on just how good they are in dueling, that ain't the point of the title. The purpose is to get ur dorm more active in events and stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dazer50029
Diamondust Mountain
Diamondust Mountain
avatar

Posts : 31
Join date : 2012-02-13
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:39 am

Kinda agree with Josh, You could be king of dueling in D.D dorms and still be an inactive jerk; and on that note
I nominate Surberous for D.D President!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Digi
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 177
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:04 am

Kimo Force wrote:
If I have anything to say on the matter, positions among the staff are to be carefully decided by the previous staff. Simple demotions and promotions could leave a forum as a wreck, or could severely boost activity. I am one who has experienced that previously back when I was still an administrator.
Do not simply leave a field empty, and wait for a certain member to apply. Promoting a member must be decided by a staff in a secret topic in the hidden staff section, where staff would bring up a member, compare pros to cons, explain why they do or do not feel comfortable towards that member, and decide on the promotion. It should also be aimed at positions that the staff is lacking in.
Take this very seriously, do not rush things, do not make rash decisions, and do not hide any objections you have in mind.

Problem is: they do promote people left and right just because they can work inside Admin Panel, or just due to the fact alone that somebody is active. I have already set up conditions that they should abide by to filter out staff positions and they should be working on all of this, that is if their priorities are on the right track...

@nour: back when I was staffing, one of my goals was to get this many testers mainly due to DF's ability to recruit--the staff here has to work around that and having a dozen testers is necessary for the sheer amount of people he brings in at any given moment.

Edit:

A side note for the members: do not ask for positions simply because you'd think it's cool. Staff positions are positions of volunteering, not just flashy titles and whatnot. If you really want to prove your worthiness for ANY staff position ANYWHERE, then you need to make sure you are a productive worker, you need to make sure you are able to communicate with others effectively, you need to make sure you are able to get along with others even when you do not agree with things, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/
lasercut
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 147
Join date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:19 am

I do think we need more testers (stupid dark gets like 5 ppl per day) and without testers they just don't go on here. I get about 5 member registration emails a day but most of them seem very in active.
Also, the problem is turtle and dark hardly ever do any admin work >.> they just like relax around and stuff. We probably need another admin to help improve the forum (introducing new concepts and stuff).

The annoying thing is, turtle and dark will probably not let anyone I suggest in to admin (because they hate me). So yeah, I probably need to talk to them about it.



Sig by Necro1 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death-coder
Icicle Palace
Icicle Palace
avatar

Posts : 291
Join date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:25 pm

i am having problems with the staff here ...

digi posts super long posts while she can just say :

" the current admins can promote other people to staff and they still do it because they can but based on careful decisions. When i was staffing i also used to promote testers because DF was sort of busy.

edit :
the current staff can promote on its own judgment so please do not ask to be staff.
"

it is easy digi Smile ...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


i also have a problem with df's addictions to promote testers. What are shane and monarch doing there ._.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Digi
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 177
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:09 pm

death-coder wrote:
i am having problems with the staff here ...

digi posts super long posts while she can just say :

" the current admins can promote other people to staff and they still do it because they can but based on careful decisions. When i was staffing i also used to promote testers because DF was sort of busy.

edit :
the current staff can promote on its own judgment so please do not ask to be staff.
"

it is easy digi Smile ...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


i also have a problem with df's addictions to promote testers. What are shane and monarch doing there ._.

You missed all the points I was trying to make. Everything you paraphrased is incorrect, just stop.

@laser: why would you need more testers when you already have 7? don't you mean to say that you need more qualified and active testers? You can have a dozen testers, that doesn't mean that the majority of them could count on being active or do a decent job with their tests. I am glad you finally see that Turtle and DF don't really do much on the conceptual level. This is their hang out, it is the Balkan Academy. Learn to live with it if you staff here, and changes come very very very slowly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/
IamPsychoturtle
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 292
Join date : 2010-08-30
Age : 681
Location : Where I am located

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Exactly Digi. We talk,have fun and kick ass in wars. Changes DO come slowly,I am aware of that. Unless changes are a must,they won't happen fast. That is the mentality of Balkan,sorry. D:




Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://white-night-academy.forumotion.net
99nour
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
avatar

Posts : 612
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 19
Location : Cairo, Egypt

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:34 pm

IamPsychoturtle wrote:
Exactly Digi. We talk,have fun and kick ass in wars. Changes DO come slowly,I am aware of that. Unless changes are a must,they won't happen fast. That is the mentality of Balkan,sorry. D:

Well, I'm just asking but..

Quote :
Members of the staff, preferably Moderators or Administrators, are also going to have to take care of the Card & Song Competitions, along with the lessons and puzzles.

Can you do that? Lessons, Puzzles, and Competitions. PLEASE? =/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://duelinguniversity.forumotion.com/
lasercut
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 147
Join date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:32 pm

99nour wrote:

Can you do that? Lessons, Puzzles, and Competitions. PLEASE? =/

I will host lessons in the near future, but I am just darn busy right now sorry D:

@ Turtle: we need at least one admin on the site, it's pretty much only me managing things.

@digi: yes I meant to say we need more active testers. Right now only me, lethal, judgment and bakura.



Sig by Necro1 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death-coder
Icicle Palace
Icicle Palace
avatar

Posts : 291
Join date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:37 pm

Digi wrote:
death-coder wrote:
i am having problems with the staff here ...

digi posts super long posts while she can just say :

" the current admins can promote other people to staff and they still do it because they can but based on careful decisions. When i was staffing i also used to promote testers because DF was sort of busy.

edit :
the current staff can promote on its own judgment so please do not ask to be staff.
"

it is easy digi Smile ...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


i also have a problem with df's addictions to promote testers. What are shane and monarch doing there ._.

You missed all the points I was trying to make. Everything you paraphrased is incorrect, just stop.


kay fin3 @s y0u w1sh y0u g0d@mn m@ch1n3. Enj0y y0ur gr@mm@r 1 qu1t try1ng t0 m@k3 y0u r3@s0n
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Digi
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 177
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:49 pm

death-coder wrote:
Digi wrote:
death-coder wrote:
i am having problems with the staff here ...

digi posts super long posts while she can just say :

" the current admins can promote other people to staff and they still do it because they can but based on careful decisions. When i was staffing i also used to promote testers because DF was sort of busy.

edit :
the current staff can promote on its own judgment so please do not ask to be staff.
"

it is easy digi Smile ...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


i also have a problem with df's addictions to promote testers. What are shane and monarch doing there ._.

You missed all the points I was trying to make. Everything you paraphrased is incorrect, just stop.


kay fin3 @s y0u w1sh y0u g0d@mn m@ch1n3. Enj0y y0ur gr@mm@r 1 qu1t try1ng t0 m@k3 y0u r3@s0n
I apologize for being productive and valid unlike you.

@staff: maybe you guys should discuss if hosting classes is worth the trouble. It doesn't seem like its very effective and we all know that keeping it alive would take some dedication and time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:14 pm

+1 admin Cool
Back to top Go down
Digi
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 177
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Wolf Ryski wrote:
+1 admin Cool


Your avatar is a little big in size there Mr. Admin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:58 pm

its sexy isnt it?
Back to top Go down
irvin260
Diamondust Mountain
Diamondust Mountain
avatar

Posts : 291
Join date : 2011-12-17
Age : 20
Location : Panama

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:43 am

lol xD ok we got a new admin ( wolfy ) and nao what happens with the dorm leader topic? ._. still waiting if we are gonna do a tourney or they are gonna a person quualified with their requirements cuz I want tourneys at my dorm!!!!!!

P.S I dont want to be a dorm leader x_x its too hard for meh to think so not gonna do that >_>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EliteDuelist
Snowstorm Peak
Snowstorm Peak
avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-03-12
Location : texas

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:05 am

If there is a tourney i want to join! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Concerning Staff   

Back to top Go down
 
Concerning Staff
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Daimier-Benz G4 German Staff Car 1939
» GERMAN STAFF CAR
» Austin Tilly ex-British Army Staff Utility Car.
» staff floorlamp model: standard
» MY STAFF APPLICATION

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
White Night Academy :: Important ::   :: Suggestions and Questions-
Jump to: