White Night Academy
Welcome to White Night Academy (WNA). If you want to improve your dueling skills and have fun at the same time you found the perfect place. Register here and then a Personal Message (PM) will be sent to you with more directions. Hurry up and start dueling!
White Night Academy
Welcome to White Night Academy (WNA). If you want to improve your dueling skills and have fun at the same time you found the perfect place. Register here and then a Personal Message (PM) will be sent to you with more directions. Hurry up and start dueling!
White Night Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posters
Namujess
Prologue: Iris I_vote_lcapPrologue: Iris I_voting_barPrologue: Iris I_vote_rcap 
L.Lawliet
~Cassie~
Drillwarrior
99nour
DarkFusion
<psychoturtle>
Asuka-san08
IamPsychoturtle
death-coder
Latest topics
» Memories... A night visit.
Prologue: Iris Emptyby Goku Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:45 pm

» New Members
Prologue: Iris Emptyby destiny2301 Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:04 pm

» Introduction
Prologue: Iris Emptyby GrmSolQB Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:18 am

» Yo what up guys
Prologue: Iris Emptyby TheShadow1442 Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:03 am

» Introduction
Prologue: Iris Emptyby wallab33 Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:16 am

» xI F4ultless' Room
Prologue: Iris Emptyby xI F4ultless Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:41 pm

» Greetings everyone
Prologue: Iris Emptyby edgarxratm Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:20 pm

» intreduction
Prologue: Iris Emptyby jake 122 Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:21 pm

» I quit now.
Prologue: Iris Emptyby yugibob91 Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:45 pm

» Hello everyone!
Prologue: Iris Emptyby SuperAce629 Wed May 15, 2013 7:52 am

» Hey im new
Prologue: Iris Emptyby Killua Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:29 pm

» Epic Quotes #1
Prologue: Iris Emptyby death-coder Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:51 am

» ummm hi..Jacobking here ^-^
Prologue: Iris Emptyby JacobkKing Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:10 pm

» Elemental Dragon Deck
Prologue: Iris Emptyby Omega 6 Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:21 pm

» OmiSix aka Omega 6
Prologue: Iris Emptyby Omega 6 Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Prologue: Iris

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rarikou
Icicle Palace
Icicle Palace
Rarikou

Prologue: Iris Empty
PostSubject: Prologue: Iris   Prologue: Iris EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:39 pm

(heres the prolouge to the book im wiritng... let me know what you people think of it)

Prolouge: Iris

She hadn't chosen this life. It chose her, and it forced her to live it, like being held hostage by your own will. This is ehat was going through her mind as she walked. She dug her painted nails in her palms, then relaxed them, following along with the hustle of the crowd,

No one noticed her. No one stopped to take a look at her long, curly brown hair, her emerald eyes. No one bothered to point out that she was wearing black jeans and a denim jacket, or her silver necklace. No one tried to yell at her through her headphones This was life as everyone knew it. That's how things normally were.

Iris lifted her head to look around the city. Good ol' Los Angeles... how long had it been since she walked the streets of her home? Too long, that was for certain. The crowd itself was full of the usual. There were businessmen, lawyers, general civiallans. An old lady with a walking stic barely made it to the other side of the road. People were sitting outside restraunts, drinking to their hearts content.

Iris continued on, walking a few blocks, enjoy the feeling of being on familar territory. However, shew knew she could reminisice later. She had a job to do. Now if only-

Her phone pulsed in her pockets. She gently lowered her head phones, rock music blaring for all to hear, before anwsering her phone, waiting for the caller to speak first. "Green light. Go." Was all that was said in a roughish voice.

Iris gave a slight smile, shaking her head. Never one to talk, was he? Thinking that, she continued walking. As she did, her right hand slowly raised into the air, and she gave a light, quick snap.

There was a sensation of the heart beating faster than usual, and then everything was still. The hustle stopped, as if someone had just hit pause. The music from Iris's headphones stopped blaring. Over at the restraunt, water hung in the air. The sky seemed to grow just a litter dark, as if the world decided to put on a pair of sunglasses.

Only two things continued moving. The first was Iris, and she had stopped to reach into her jacket, pulling out a pair of black leather gloves, 'Iris Vandale' was embroidered on the back, and she put them on, making sure they were firm around her her hands. She continued walking.

The second one was the old lady with the cane: the one that had almost been roadkill. She took a couple more steps, humming a sweet little tune in time with the beating of her walking sticl. She did this for a few more steps, then stopped, looking around at everything, realizing it was all frozen in place. She looked to her left, then her right, then behind her, before finally catching a glimpse of Iris.

They stood, facing each other, eyes locked firnly on the other. The old lady tsked, and hurled her walking stick at Iris like a javelin, beore turning around, and began running at a speed that would have made a track star green with envy. Iris gave a tsk of annoyance, and dashed at her, ducking to avoid the walking stick.

The chase continued for some time, The old hag dodging the frozen civilanns, making soome fall down to gain a little more distance away from Iris, who jumped and weaved, knocking some out of the way herself. She took a breath, forcing her legs to move as fast as they could, focused solely on the target.

Once the old lady began to get tired of running, she dashed into the nearest convience store. Iris gave a slight smile, entering the store after to her, hands moving in front of her instinctivly snapping.

Dagger hit dagger as Iris turned the corner. One the old lady had apparently snatched by breaking the glass nearby. The one in Iris's hand seemed to be made of glass, though it shone like it reflected the moon. The clashed agin, testing each other's strength. Iris ducked and weaved, stepping back outside the store. It was clear the old lady was stronger.

As Iris fought, she noticed a slight change. The old woman, who was all skin and bones, was steadily losing the skin
. It slowly began vanishing, Iris clashed with the dagger againn, the hand holding it now nothing but bone. "A skeleton, then? " She said with a slight smile as the fight continued for a few minutes.

After witch, Iris let go of her dagger, witch vanished as soon as it left her fingertips, and started walking past a surprised skeleton, not bothering to look back. If the skeleton had eyebrows, it would have raised them. "You're leaving?" It said in a raspy voice... witch shouldn't have been possible, since the skeleton didn't have a voicebox anymore. "Why?"

"Because you no longer exist." Iris said.

The skeleton felt it before it heard it. It's body rocked, and a small, not possible gasp escaped from the air hole that was the skeleton's mouth. Milliseconds later, the unmistakeable sound of a gunshot was heard. The skeleton began to fall. A sudden breeze picked up, and the skeleton turned to dust before it hit the ground.

There as a sound above Iris. Metal hitting metal, sliding down towards her. A minute later, a tall young man landed on the ground next to her, holding a almost tranparent gun, witch dissappeared as he let go with it. He took a few steps forward, cricking his neck slightly, stretching his legs , the sky casting a dim glown on his leather jacket and black jeans, before he turned to Iris. "Finally.... this is your hometown, isn't it?"

Iris nodded, raising her hand to the sky, and snapped. Another feeling of a heartbeat, and the music from iris's headphones began blaring again, and iris almost bumped into a person, who glared at her, but continued walking down the road. "We'll be here for a while... what do you think?"

"Noisy." He said said, shaking his head, "I'll let you handle everything. I'll report in while you make arrangements." He said, pulling a pitch black phone out,

Iris nodded, hand turning down the music, Deciding she was hungry, she stepped into a restraunt, and ordered a hamburger, sitting at a booth while it was being prepared. Her hands reached her cellphone, and she flipped it open, fingers dialing the numbers from memory, before bringing it to her ears. "Hello? Joshua?"
Back to top Go down
DarkFusion
Administrator
Administrator
DarkFusion

Prologue: Iris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Iris   Prologue: Iris EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:33 am

hmmm this is weird but a good read i enjoyed it
Back to top Go down

Prologue: Iris
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum