White Night Academy
Welcome to White Night Academy (WNA). If you want to improve your dueling skills and have fun at the same time you found the perfect place. Register here and then a Personal Message (PM) will be sent to you with more directions. Hurry up and start dueling!
White Night Academy
Welcome to White Night Academy (WNA). If you want to improve your dueling skills and have fun at the same time you found the perfect place. Register here and then a Personal Message (PM) will be sent to you with more directions. Hurry up and start dueling!
White Night Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posters
Namujess
Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" I_vote_lcapCard(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" I_voting_barCard(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" I_vote_rcap 
L.Lawliet
Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" I_vote_lcapCard(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" I_voting_barCard(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" I_vote_rcap 
~Cassie~
Drillwarrior
99nour
DarkFusion
<psychoturtle>
Asuka-san08
IamPsychoturtle
death-coder
Latest topics
» Memories... A night visit.
Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" Emptyby Goku Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:45 pm

» New Members
Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" Emptyby destiny2301 Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:04 pm

» Introduction
Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" Emptyby GrmSolQB Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:18 am

» Yo what up guys
Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" Emptyby TheShadow1442 Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:03 am

» Introduction
Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" Emptyby wallab33 Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:16 am

» xI F4ultless' Room
Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" Emptyby xI F4ultless Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:41 pm

» Greetings everyone
Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" Emptyby edgarxratm Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:20 pm

» intreduction
Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" Emptyby jake 122 Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:21 pm

» I quit now.
Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" Emptyby yugibob91 Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:45 pm

» Hello everyone!
Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" Emptyby SuperAce629 Wed May 15, 2013 7:52 am

» Hey im new
Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" Emptyby Killua Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:29 pm

» Epic Quotes #1
Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" Emptyby death-coder Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:51 am

» ummm hi..Jacobking here ^-^
Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" Emptyby JacobkKing Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:10 pm

» Elemental Dragon Deck
Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" Emptyby Omega 6 Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:21 pm

» OmiSix aka Omega 6
Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" Emptyby Omega 6 Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!"

Go down 
+2
DarkFusion
lasercut
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lasercut
Administrator
Administrator
lasercut

Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" Empty
PostSubject: Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!"   Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:43 pm

And here is the obligatory terminator reference.
Today it's time to step back in time and look at a long forgotten archetype.
That's right, the first competitive deck I ever used, Machina Gadget

Ok, so you all should know how gadgets work, you summon gadget and make +1, then use 1 for 1 destruction cards like smash/fissure to simplify the game. But right now, the speed of the format is too great. Those options are no long viable. It's time to play agressive!!

Tinplate Goldfish
lv 4/Water/Machine/800ATK/2000DEF
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 monster from your hand.

Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" 266px-TinplateGoldfish-DT14-JP-DNPR-DT
This card was made for gadgets. Summon this, summon gadget, gadget effect to add another one. Now you have 2 lv 4 monsters on the field you can go one for one/glow in grave to trish or Xyz in to the many useful rank 4's. It's also a machine so you can discard it for fortress Very Happy.

Kagetokage
lv 4/Dark/Reptile/1100ATK/1500DEF
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. When you Normal Summon a Level 4 monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster.

Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" 264px-Kagetokage-PHSW-EN-R-1E
Similar to goldfish, but less useful now since it's not a machine. But can still be used to combo with gadgets.

No. 50 Black Corn
rank 4/Dark/Plant/Xyz/2100ATK/1500DEF
2 Level 4 monsters
You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 monster your opponent controls with ATK lower than or equal to this card; send that target to the Graveyard, and inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. This card cannot attack the turn you activated this effect.

Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" 267px-Number50BlackCorn-YZ02-JP-OP
This card is definitely going to be a staple in most extra decks once it comes out. The two most annoying monster used in the meta these days are zenmaines and gachi. This thing bypass them both and deal 1000 burn dmg. Not bad at all. It can also kill recruiters like mystic tomato etc. Stops card trooper from drawing a card.

Keeping this review short:

Iron Call
Normal Spell
If you control a face-up Machine-Type monster: Target 1 Level 4 or lower Machine-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon the target. Negate its effect(s), and destroy it during the End Phase.

Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" 266px-IronCall-DT14-JP-DNPR-DT
Wow, this thing is stupid. So using the above combo, summon gadget summon kagetokage or the goldfish in to gadget, then use this card, you have 3 lv 4's on the field and can Xyz in to stupid stuff. Shock ruler is especially good this format since everything is monster effect based. You will rape inzecters, wind-ups, dark worlds, plants, chaos, LS etc. with shock ruler. You can also go for verz ouroboros and disrupt the opponent's strategies. Or go in to disigma to get rid annoying monsters like a stardust or something.

Overall Rating:
goldfish: 8/10 pretty crazy in machina gadgets, too bad it doesn't work with gearframe and the effect only works when it's normal summoned is quite limiting (veiler is annoying)
kagetokage: 8/10 similar to gold fish, although not machine, it can be used with gearframe and works if the opp veilers.
black corn: 8/10 good effect but the atk is a bit low, if it had 2400 it would be so much better (kills monarchs, chaos sorc, catastors)
iron call: 9/10 insane in gadgets, but the effect negating effect is quite annoying, so the only other monster you can get is probably peacekeeper and get the eff during the end phase.

Final note: even though fissure and smash are not main decked, they should be sided. Krystia and GBs are gadget killers.
That's all folks, see you next week Razz
Back to top Go down
DarkFusion
Administrator
Administrator
DarkFusion

PostSubject: Re: Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!"   Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:49 pm

Nice review again laser Very Happy thanx for the deck ideas again
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Frozen Throne
Frozen Throne
L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!"   Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:54 am

Good job laser, great review. I might re-create my Machina Gadgets soon ^^
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
Icicle Palace
Icicle Palace
Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!"   Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:12 am

Tinplate Goldfish: Not bad of a card for gadgets. Could come in handy one day. Shouldn't have too many of those in a deck.
Kagetokage: Bleh, not that worthy. I've had moments where this card just took up space back in Tag Force 6, literally doing nothing but being a burden I had to carry. Its summon condition is quite tight too, so I don't feel like using it...ever.
No. 50 Black Corn: Basically a powered down Dark End Dragon. Should give Xyz a boost, but DED is still the top anti-destruction eradicator.
Iron Call: I don't see much point in releasing a powered-down Monster Reborn unless it's to give a card that escapes the banlist, give more less rare special summoning cards, or ban Monster Reborn next banlist (the latter is quite far-fetched). Other than that, I would rather go with Monster Reborn than use this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/
lasercut
Administrator
Administrator
lasercut

PostSubject: Re: Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!"   Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:36 am

Kimo Force wrote:
Tinplate Goldfish: Not bad of a card for gadgets. Could come in handy one day. Shouldn't have too many of those in a deck.
Kagetokage: Bleh, not that worthy. I've had moments where this card just took up space back in Tag Force 6, literally doing nothing but being a burden I had to carry. Its summon condition is quite tight too, so I don't feel like using it...ever.
No. 50 Black Corn: Basically a powered down Dark End Dragon. Should give Xyz a boost, but DED is still the top anti-destruction eradicator.
Iron Call: I don't see much point in releasing a powered-down Monster Reborn unless it's to give a card that escapes the banlist, give more less rare special summoning cards, or ban Monster Reborn next banlist (the latter is quite far-fetched). Other than that, I would rather go with Monster Reborn than use this.

in machina gadgets you usually have 9 targets for kaetokage which is more than enough for it to be ran in 3's
Corn is 100% times easier to summon than DED in gadgets (you can't even summon DED in gadgets). Yes monster reborn is better in every way, but reborn is limited. SS from the grave is always helpful.
Back to top Go down
99nour
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
99nour

PostSubject: Re: Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!"   Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:17 am

Nice... I know what deck I'm making ^^
Back to top Go down
http://duelinguniversity.forumotion.com/
Kimo Force
Icicle Palace
Icicle Palace
Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!"   Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:15 pm

As I explained, a powered-down DED. It is still useful for decks with no Synchro support of course. Moreover, I would rather go for a Reborn or a Call of the Haunted than use that card. Fish at three is quite tricky since you will need low space for monsters since it's not just gadgets you're throwing in there. It's not a "this card is bad" issue; it's a monster count issue. Remember that it's only a support card, and you need space for the main engines and heavy hitters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/
lasercut
Administrator
Administrator
lasercut

PostSubject: Re: Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!"   Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:49 pm

Actually gadgets have way enough space for tech. Average machina gadget is 6 gad, 3 gearframe, 3 fortress and 1 force/cannon. that's only 12 monsters. So there are way more room to fit 3 fish and a couple of veilers. Also, I never said to replace reborn with iron call. Iron call acts as another reborn. It is better than call of the haunted in most situations since it's a spell.
Back to top Go down
Drillwarrior
Snowstorm Peak
Snowstorm Peak
Drillwarrior

PostSubject: Re: Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!"   Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:09 pm

Well thanks for the deck ideas great review ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!"   Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!" Empty

Back to top Go down

Card(s) of the Week#24 ---------- "Come with me if you want to live!"
Page 1 of 1