White Night Academy
Welcome to White Night Academy (WNA). If you want to improve your dueling skills and have fun at the same time you found the perfect place. Register here and then a Personal Message (PM) will be sent to you with more directions. Hurry up and start dueling!
White Night Academy
Welcome to White Night Academy (WNA). If you want to improve your dueling skills and have fun at the same time you found the perfect place. Register here and then a Personal Message (PM) will be sent to you with more directions. Hurry up and start dueling!
White Night Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posters
Namujess
Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special I_vote_lcapLasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special I_voting_barLasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special I_vote_rcap 
L.Lawliet
Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special I_vote_lcapLasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special I_voting_barLasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special I_vote_rcap 
~Cassie~
Drillwarrior
99nour
DarkFusion
<psychoturtle>
Asuka-san08
IamPsychoturtle
death-coder
Latest topics
» Memories... A night visit.
Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special Emptyby Goku Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:45 pm

» New Members
Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special Emptyby destiny2301 Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:04 pm

» Introduction
Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special Emptyby GrmSolQB Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:18 am

» Yo what up guys
Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special Emptyby TheShadow1442 Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:03 am

» Introduction
Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special Emptyby wallab33 Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:16 am

» xI F4ultless' Room
Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special Emptyby xI F4ultless Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:41 pm

» Greetings everyone
Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special Emptyby edgarxratm Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:20 pm

» intreduction
Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special Emptyby jake 122 Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:21 pm

» I quit now.
Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special Emptyby yugibob91 Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:45 pm

» Hello everyone!
Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special Emptyby SuperAce629 Wed May 15, 2013 7:52 am

» Hey im new
Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special Emptyby Killua Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:29 pm

» Epic Quotes #1
Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special Emptyby death-coder Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:51 am

» ummm hi..Jacobking here ^-^
Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special Emptyby JacobkKing Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:10 pm

» Elemental Dragon Deck
Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special Emptyby Omega 6 Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:21 pm

» OmiSix aka Omega 6
Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special Emptyby Omega 6 Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lasercut
Administrator
Administrator
lasercut

Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special Empty
PostSubject: Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special   Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 6:45 pm

Today in celebration of the 20th card(s) of the week. I'm going to write an extra long review >: D

Two different archetypes. First let's go over something I wanted to write about for a long time. Zenmai Or wind-ups (TCG name = Bleh).

Zenmai was a mediocre archetype during initial release. They worked best with gadgets and ultimate offering for Xyz spam. But after order of chaos, it is a different story.

Zenmai Kūbo Zenmaiti
Rank 3/Water/Machine/1500ATK/1500DEF
2 Level 3 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 "Wind-Up" monster (from your hand or Deck). When a face-up "Wind-Up" monster you control is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target that monster; add it to your hand.

Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special 383px-WindUpZenmaighty-ORCS-JP-SR
This is the Xyz monster that powered zenmai to neaer tier 1. Free summoner monk for zenmai. You can get so many different combos off using this guy. Get magician and summon using magician effect and Xyz in to any rank 4 you want. Get a warrior and summon another and Xyz in to rank 5. But the most destructive combo is to summon the next two cards.

Zenmai Nezumi
Lv 3/Earth/Beast/600ATK/600DEF
During your Main Phase: You can target 1 "Wind-Up" monster in your Graveyard; change this card in face-up Defense Position and Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position. This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field.

Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special 383px-WindUpRat-ORCS-JP-R
Zenami Hantā
Lv 3/Dark/Beast-Warrior/1600ATK/500DEF
You can Tribute 1 face-up "Wind-Up" monster, except "Wind-Up Hunter"; send 1 random card from your opponent's hand to the Graveyard. This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field.

Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special WindUpHunter-PHSW-EN-SR-1E
These two cards are the key to the desetructive combo. This combo is more than a match to the X-Saber inf hand destruction loop. It can be done in so many ways it's ridiculous.
1. Summon marauding captian, use effect to summon Hunter, Xyz hunter and marauding for zenmaighty, zenmaighty detach summon rat, rat effect bring back hunter, hunter tribute zenmaighty and ditch a card. Xyz both hunter and rat for second zenmaighty, detach hunter for rat, rat pulls hunter back, hunter tribute zenmaighty, ditch a card rinse and repeat until you run out of zenmaighty then you Xyz in to zenmaines or no. 17 and beat face.
2. Magician already face up. Summon marauding captian use eff to get another lv 3. Xyz in to zenmaighty, detach to grab hunter from deck, magician triggers summon another magician from deck. hunter effect tribute zenmaighty fitch a card, 2nd magician triggers summon second hunter, Xyz for 2nd zenmaighty, detach for rat, rat pulls back hunter, hunter tribute for another discard, Xyz for final zenmaighty detach rat for another rat. Xyz both magician for diagusto emeral, emeral return 1 rat and 2 zenmaighty to deck and draw 1. then use th combo from above to ditch 3 more cards.

This combo is so deadly if it foes off your opp will be so crippled he will be forced to forfeit unless he can sack something good.
Also, this combo is totally immue to both dark worlds and fabled so you can use this on any opponent.
for the full combo go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2yRcHvi8oQ

Next let's go back to my favorite archetype. The heroes.
Mask change has always been a card that's frowned upon, -1 for a start and it doesn't get you anything good (goka and vapour are not that brilliant to -1 yourself).
With the release of premium pack 14, 2 more masked heroes have been released. And I am delighted to say..... They are BROKEN

Masked Hero Daian
Lv 8/Earth/Warrior/2800ATK/3000DEF
Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "HERO" monster from your Deck.

Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special 383px-MaskedHERODaian-PP14-JP-ScR
So now heroes have their own shura/firedog, but the good thing about this is Daian is Earth, so it combos brilliantly with gaia. Super poly for a gaia, nerf the atk of opp monster, atk with gaia, if the opp tries to stop gaia, mask change in to daian and get insane pluses. Even without gaia daian is a force to be reckoned with. 2800 atk is huge. it can beat over most synchros and Xyz, can even suicide in to kristya. The only disadvantage is daian is not an elemental hero, so you can only super poly ab 0 with it. Also, the monster need to hit the grave (unlike nova master who just cares the monster is destroyed by battle). So ryko will kill this card.

The next card is the icing on the cake:

Masked Hero Acid
Lv 8/Water/Warrior/2600ATK/2100DEF
Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: Destroy all Spell & Trap Cards your opponent controls, and all face-up monsters your opponent currently controls lose 300 ATK.

Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special 383px-MaskedHEROAcid-PP14-JP-ScR
Wait a minute what?!!! So let me get this straight here, so now mask change + ab 0 = field nuke O.o
This guy is so broke I have no way of describing it. Not only does this clear all the back row but it also nerfs 300 atk so this guy can swing over anything with less than 2900 atk (stardust dead, hyperion dead, even kristya and scrap dragon are no match).
But the best thing about this card is the spell mask change. It is a quick play so you can use it during you opponent's turn. Tired of set 5 go opponent? Well no more worries, turn 1 summon any water e hero and set mask change and 1 protective trap. Then when the opp set 5 (including starlight road - thinking he is safe), jump mask change during the end phase and get instant +4. This is the way to punish overextending.

Then following up from last week:

In DT 14 3 new gem-knight monsters are going to be released (could be more), two of the gem-knights will strengthen the bond between heroes and Gem-knights and I have a feeling more will come.

Gem-Knight Seraphi
Lv 5/Earth/Fariy (wtf?!)/2300ATK/1400DEF
1 "Gem-Knight" monster + 1 LIGHT monster
Must first be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Material Monsters. Once, while this card is face-up on the field, during your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 monster in addition to your Normal Summon or Set.

Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special GemKnightSeraphi-DT14-JP-%3F
Finally a generic onmi-gem-knight. You know what this means. Now gem-knights have the means to abuse the crap out of super poly. If the other 5 onmi-gem-knights are realsed, all hell will break loose (i.e. summon gem knight gemini monster, set super poly, use super poly ditch obsidian summon giant fusion, obsidian bring back gemini monster. It also works with neos alius.).
Then you can use Seraphi's effect to normal summon alius brilliant.
Yes this is one of the key turning cards of the archetype but the next one also further strenghtens the support between gem-knight and heroes.

Gem-Knight Lazuli
Lv 1/Earth/Rock/600ATK/100DEF
If this card is sent to the Graveyard by a card effect: You can target 1 Normal Monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand.

Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special 379px-GemKnightLazuli-DT14-JP-%3F
Another If...you can statement. I'm loving the normal monster abuse in this deck. Just imagine all the onmi-gem-knights are released. Fuse this with any of the opp's monster and grab a normal monster to the hand (say alius for more super poly madness or gemini spark insanity? Or gem-knight garnet for citrine anoyingness, the amount of combo is stupid). This card also don't need to be sent to the grave from the field, I could use something like future fusion to get instant +1 (dump alius and this for gaia then use this to grab alius).

Overall Card Rating:
All of the cards mentioned today are the key in their respective archetypes and they have the most amazing designs (by amazing I mean broken). They all deserve a 10/10

There you have it, enjoy this very special 20th review Very Happy

See you all next week
Back to top Go down
Drillwarrior
Snowstorm Peak
Snowstorm Peak
Drillwarrior

PostSubject: Re: Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special   Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 7:03 pm

Well....kristya IS a match.

Because kristya says screw you heros as you can't summon any fusions.

So........ yeah.

Otherwise good reviews Razz
Back to top Go down
DarkFusion
Administrator
Administrator
DarkFusion

PostSubject: Re: Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special   Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 7:37 pm

nice review laser its pro :3
Back to top Go down
Reginanos
Snowstorm Peak
Snowstorm Peak
Reginanos

PostSubject: Re: Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special   Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 8:02 pm

God, it's taking the guys at DN forever to get cards like the M-HEROS and Gem-Knights in...
Back to top Go down
TheDoubleX54
Diamondust Mountain
Diamondust Mountain

PostSubject: Re: Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special   Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 8:12 pm

nice review man (im only writing this because you said you'll murder me if i don't)
Back to top Go down
Drillwarrior
Snowstorm Peak
Snowstorm Peak
Drillwarrior

PostSubject: Re: Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special   Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 8:51 pm

Reginanos wrote:
God, it's taking the guys at DN forever to get cards like the M-HEROS and Gem-Knights in...

They have the masked heros >.>
Back to top Go down
Reginanos
Snowstorm Peak
Snowstorm Peak
Reginanos

PostSubject: Re: Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special   Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:44 pm

I didn't know that then, I thought he was still being lazy...
Back to top Go down
Drillwarrior
Snowstorm Peak
Snowstorm Peak
Drillwarrior

PostSubject: Re: Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special   Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 12:47 am

Reginanos wrote:
I didn't know that then, I thought he was still being lazy...

lol.

It is a FREE program. Don't be so demanding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special   Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special Empty

Back to top Go down

Lasercut's Card(s) of the Week#20-----------Rewind and Rebirth Special
Page 1 of 1