White Night Academy
Welcome to White Night Academy (WNA). If you want to improve your dueling skills and have fun at the same time you found the perfect place. Register here and then a Personal Message (PM) will be sent to you with more directions. Hurry up and start dueling!
White Night Academy
Welcome to White Night Academy (WNA). If you want to improve your dueling skills and have fun at the same time you found the perfect place. Register here and then a Personal Message (PM) will be sent to you with more directions. Hurry up and start dueling!
White Night Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posters
Namujess
Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star I_vote_lcapCard(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star I_voting_barCard(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star I_vote_rcap 
L.Lawliet
Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star I_vote_lcapCard(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star I_voting_barCard(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star I_vote_rcap 
~Cassie~
Drillwarrior
99nour
DarkFusion
<psychoturtle>
Asuka-san08
IamPsychoturtle
death-coder
Latest topics
» Memories... A night visit.
Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star Emptyby Goku Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:45 pm

» New Members
Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star Emptyby destiny2301 Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:04 pm

» Introduction
Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star Emptyby GrmSolQB Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:18 am

» Yo what up guys
Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star Emptyby TheShadow1442 Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:03 am

» Introduction
Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star Emptyby wallab33 Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:16 am

» xI F4ultless' Room
Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star Emptyby xI F4ultless Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:41 pm

» Greetings everyone
Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star Emptyby edgarxratm Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:20 pm

» intreduction
Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star Emptyby jake 122 Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:21 pm

» I quit now.
Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star Emptyby yugibob91 Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:45 pm

» Hello everyone!
Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star Emptyby SuperAce629 Wed May 15, 2013 7:52 am

» Hey im new
Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star Emptyby Killua Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:29 pm

» Epic Quotes #1
Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star Emptyby death-coder Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:51 am

» ummm hi..Jacobking here ^-^
Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star Emptyby JacobkKing Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:10 pm

» Elemental Dragon Deck
Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star Emptyby Omega 6 Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:21 pm

» OmiSix aka Omega 6
Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star Emptyby Omega 6 Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lasercut
Administrator
Administrator
lasercut

Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star Empty
PostSubject: Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star   Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:56 pm

Whoo, card(s) of the week is half a year old. Wow, can't believe how long it's been.

New archetype from GAOV

Lightray Daedalus
Lv 7/Light(surprise surprise)/Sea Serpent/2600ATK/1500DEF
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by having 4 or more LIGHT monsters in your Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: You can target 1 Field Spell Card and 2 other cards on the field; destroy them.

Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star 315px-LightrayDaedalus-GAOV-JP-C
Hmm a very interesting card I must say. A light version of scrap dragon (better because it's a +1). Similar summon conditions to JD (a bit easier). Let's see, field spell/ need light monster hmmmmmm.
What's the most searchable field spell in the game? Skyscraper Very Happy
What's the monster that searches it? E hero captain gold (which is light).
So as you can see, this guy is begging to be splashed in to light hero city builds (gold is light, alius is light, honest is light, even effect veiler is light Very Happy).
Dump captain gold to fill your grave, and the skyscraper will automatically make sure you have a field spell. Awesome!!! Also, even if you don't draw daedalus, skyscraper can make all your heroes massive. (oh did you just summon a whole bunch of monsters in one turn? yeah so, Go skyscraper and rape all his monsters).
Also, little city decks integrate very well with photons. 2100ATK light beatsticks are hard enough to atk over. But now even if you atk over it, daedalus is waiting just around the corner. Even Konami agrees with me (1900 ATK is so 2004 - http://www.konami.com/yugioh/articles/?p=3604).
The true power of daedalus is unleashed against decks which centres around field spells. It says one field spell on the field, so it can be your opponent's field spell as well. I have tested this deck against dark world and dragunities. Drop a daedalus and pop their ravine/gates and two of their cards. That's a total of +3!!!!! So crazy.

Next up is:
Lightray Sorcerer
Lv 6/Light/Spellcaster/2300ATK/200DEF
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) when you have 3 or more banished LIGHT monsters, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 of your banished LIGHT monsters into your Deck to target 1 face-up monster on the field; banish that target. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.

Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star 315px-LightraySorcerer-GAOV-JP-R
Ooooo, a light version of chaos sorceror. This card should give chaos decks a big boost. Also, I can see this card benefit hero gate a lot (shining FTW). Even if you can't get shining's effect off, you can just use this to shuffle your heroes back to the deck and add them to your hand with e call/rota Very Happy
The once per turn +1 never hurts especially when it can deal with pesky zenmaines and sangan.

Then next two are pretty much only feasible in Lightsworns but hey at least they are awesome (although it makes them way more sacky XD).

Lightray Diabolos
Lv 7/Light/Dragon/2800ATK/1000DEF
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by having 5 or more LIGHT monsters with different names in your Graveyard. Once per turn: You can banish 1 LIGHT monster from your Graveyard to target 1 Set card your opponent controls; reveal that target, and return it to either the top or bottom of the Deck.

Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star 315px-LightrayDiabolos-GAOV-JP-R
Combos very well with sorcerer. The 5 light monster with different name is kinda hard to reach. The effect is pretty meh for the hard summoning condition (not so much in LS but still). If it was return any card then it would be great but kind of useless.

Lightray Gearfried
Lv 8/Light/Warrior/2800ATK/2200DEF
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by having 5 or more LIGHT monsters with different names in your Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn, when a Spell/Trap Card is activated while you only control Warrior-Type monsters: You can banish 1 Warrior-Type monster from your Graveyard; negate the activation of that card and destroy it.

Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star 315px-LightrayGearfried-GAOV-JP-C
This is far more useful than diabolos (light version of shi en for warriors). But it kinda came out a bit late. No one sets traps these days. But it is still god for keeping your backrow safe. The cost to negate spell and trap is surprisingly not Light warrior but all warriors, so this can do well in a warrior based deck (including heroes). But the problem is this can often be a dead draw since heroes can't dump light monsters in to the grave hard enough (even dumping 4 for daedalus is a bit hard sometimes, especially when gearfried require different named light monsters). So this is only useful in LS they have jain, ehren and garoth.

More cards for the holy marked dragons are released. Now they have their own solemn and man it's good:

Hieroglyph Seal of Reflection
Counter Trap
Tribute 1 "Hieroglyph" monster you control; negate the activation of a Spell Card, Trap Card, or Effect Monster's effect, and destroy it.

Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star 315px-HieroglyphSealofReflection-GAOV-JP-C
This is it, this is exactly the card holy marked has been waiting for. This will allow them to go insane control.
Let's see, so they have 3 of this, 3 of Champion's Vigilance (solemn for normal monsters), the solemn trio, maybe 3 horn of heaven. So they have like 12 solemns. You can set five summon a holy marked turn one can control the opp to death. Tribute dragon to negate, then summon marker then spring vigilance when opp try to do something else. Then since call of the haunted is unlimited, you can bring back the tributed dragon and tribute it again, then summon another marker, then next turn Xyz and do 3K direct dmg while opp has no hand Very Happy

Overall Rating:
Daedalus: 9/10 Extreme godly potential, kills field spell centric decks (GK's will literally cry against this card)
Sorcerer: 8/10 good potential, a bit harder to summon in heroes but in macro and chaos very easy to summon, good advantage
Diabolos: 6/10 not too useful effect with hard summoning condition only useful in LS
Gearfried: 7/10 again hard summoning condition is very annoying but better effect tgab diabolos
Seal of reflection: 9/10 Counter trap + solemn + tribute in an archtype that lacks control and gets their effects from tributes = GOD

Right that's all this week. See you next week Very Happy and I may release my hero daedalus deck
Back to top Go down
irvin260
Diamondust Mountain
Diamondust Mountain
irvin260

PostSubject: Re: Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star   Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:45 pm

o_o thanks laser this archetype is very interestin xD
Back to top Go down
paulbang111
Icicle Palace
Icicle Palace
paulbang111

PostSubject: Re: Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star   Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:08 pm

Lightray Sorcerer can ramp up an Agent Deck a little bit. Imagine this with Hyperion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star   Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star Empty

Back to top Go down

Card(s) of the Week#26 ------------------ I am your shining star
Page 1 of 1