White Night Academy
Welcome to White Night Academy (WNA). If you want to improve your dueling skills and have fun at the same time you found the perfect place. Register here and then a Personal Message (PM) will be sent to you with more directions. Hurry up and start dueling!
White Night Academy
Welcome to White Night Academy (WNA). If you want to improve your dueling skills and have fun at the same time you found the perfect place. Register here and then a Personal Message (PM) will be sent to you with more directions. Hurry up and start dueling!
White Night Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posters
Namujess
What made you play this game? I_vote_lcapWhat made you play this game? I_voting_barWhat made you play this game? I_vote_rcap 
L.Lawliet
What made you play this game? I_vote_lcapWhat made you play this game? I_voting_barWhat made you play this game? I_vote_rcap 
~Cassie~
Drillwarrior
99nour
DarkFusion
<psychoturtle>
Asuka-san08
IamPsychoturtle
death-coder
Latest topics
» Memories... A night visit.
What made you play this game? Emptyby Goku Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:45 pm

» New Members
What made you play this game? Emptyby destiny2301 Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:04 pm

» Introduction
What made you play this game? Emptyby GrmSolQB Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:18 am

» Yo what up guys
What made you play this game? Emptyby TheShadow1442 Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:03 am

» Introduction
What made you play this game? Emptyby wallab33 Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:16 am

» xI F4ultless' Room
What made you play this game? Emptyby xI F4ultless Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:41 pm

» Greetings everyone
What made you play this game? Emptyby edgarxratm Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:20 pm

» intreduction
What made you play this game? Emptyby jake 122 Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:21 pm

» I quit now.
What made you play this game? Emptyby yugibob91 Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:45 pm

» Hello everyone!
What made you play this game? Emptyby SuperAce629 Wed May 15, 2013 7:52 am

» Hey im new
What made you play this game? Emptyby Killua Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:29 pm

» Epic Quotes #1
What made you play this game? Emptyby death-coder Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:51 am

» ummm hi..Jacobking here ^-^
What made you play this game? Emptyby JacobkKing Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:10 pm

» Elemental Dragon Deck
What made you play this game? Emptyby Omega 6 Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:21 pm

» OmiSix aka Omega 6
What made you play this game? Emptyby Omega 6 Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:17 pm

What made you play this game?

Go down 
+16
Drillwarrior
Deckkie
JazziGrl00
~Cassie~
99nour
Celtic
death-coder
Namujess
Digi
Asuka-san08
Scorpion67
Goblin-Jikki
IamPsychoturtle
Judgement
DarkFusion
20 posters
AuthorMessage
<psychoturtle>
Administrator
Administrator
<psychoturtle>

What made you play this game? Empty
PostSubject: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:57 am

Tell your stories on how and why did you start playing this game? I can't remember mine,so I guess I'm excluded.
Back to top Go down
DarkFusion
Administrator
Administrator
DarkFusion

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 11:24 am

10 years ago:watching the original series like a baws Cool so i tell a few more people to see wut its about and i see my friend daniel hes like 2 years older than me hes telling me he got sum cards so i got my 1st 10 cards Smile my lord of d,flute of summoning dragon,4 faced beast,dark magician,monster reborn,blue eyes white dragon,ring of magnetism,the wicked worm beast,dark hole(with a purple frame 8D) and a gaia the dragon knight 8D hope thats good enuf for ya Cool
Back to top Go down
Judgement
Icicle Palace
Icicle Palace
Judgement

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:26 pm

Watching the show. That was BOSS
Back to top Go down
IamPsychoturtle
Administrator
Administrator
IamPsychoturtle

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:42 pm

Yeah like all the people , watching the original show. Then played without knowing the rules for a while xD. After a while got into competitive yugioh. And yes , show was a damn boss ^^
Back to top Go down
https://white-night-academy.forumotion.net
Goblin-Jikki
Tester
Tester
Goblin-Jikki

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:00 pm

the show was awesome!!!! lol I remember back when I first started I thought you subtracted the atk from the other cards atk till it was zero then they died lol.

10 years ago I saw the show for the first time that would suck me down into a world I never even thought about. At first I didn't have cards but eventually i complained so much my mom bought me 2 of each ten as a b-day present and my first card I ever pulled out of LOB was the right arm of exodia, I thought it was the worst card in the game cause I didn't know what it could do with all 5 pieces hahahha. very first deck was exodia!!!I played that deck till I eventually learned about the pro circuit and started trying harder and learning the rules and playing different decks. Now I have judged games, I'm on a sponsored team and I hope to make it to worlds this season. I'm prolly one of the most creative and random players you'll meet lol I have the weirdest play style and most random secret tech but I pull it off lol.
So yea that's how I got started in this=]
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/
Scorpion67
Snowstorm Peak
Snowstorm Peak
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 11:55 pm

Like everyone, the TV show brought me into this game. I use to play pokemon and Magic before, but Yugioh was the game I prefered so I started playing competitive yugioh 10 years ago, then stoped after the 2nd world championship cuz the game got borring at some point. everything was about goat control (for those who don't know this, it was the thousand Eyes rectirct deck ) and beatdown so it was pretty borring. 5 years later I discovered online free dueling systems and academies and I had fun playing this game again.
Back to top Go down
Asuka-san08
Icicle Palace
Icicle Palace
Asuka-san08

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:28 am

I still remember...

When I was in 1st grade, I used to hate math so much. Now, when I was scanning channels on tv, I found the very first series of Yu-Gi-Oh, dubbed in my own language, which helps me to easily understand it. And before I knew it, I started imitating the characters but was cut of in season 4 which made me really disappointed...

Soon when I was in 2nd grade, they showed the last season of duel monsters, I was now very active in math, It's the first time I realized how fun numbers could be, and on the very night after my competition in math quiz bee, I was so tired, scanning the channels once more, I found the second series, first episode (GX) which got me all excited, but was cut of once again in the first season...

When I reached 5th grade, we got a new computer, FINALLY I was able to surf the internet. And came across 'Youtube' I was inspired with all the vids and remember that unfinished series (GX) and decided to search it, learning every card and every tactic was memorable to me and until it became my favorite series, and so followed it until I encountered 5d's and Zexal...

And until now, I can't believe I'm still addicted to it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://twilightduelacademy.forumtl.com/
Digi
Administrator
Administrator
Digi

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:12 am

I began to play this game 10 years ago as well because my cousin and my friends were playing it. It was the cool thing to do back then, and its slowly, but surely, making its way back into the social mainstream again. Although for the first half of my years were played brainlessly, I engaged in real life competition and earned valuable respect, reputation, and most of all I gained experience.

It wasn't until Yugioh season 2 that I began to watch it, because I was more into anime like DBZ, Shaman King, and Sailor Moon, and of coarse all of the popular cartoons like Scooby-Doo, Ed Edd n Eddy, Looney Toons, etc. I really did come to like the tv series and began to understand the inside jokes in the Yugioh community (told at my locals.)

Being a female duelist, I wouldn't find it surprising to see a bunch of guys staring at me during locals (unless they knew me for more than a year, most of them grew up with me because the people I compete with are in my age group; like 14-21 years old is who I regularly hang out with.) I really do like being respected and not underestimated, although I used that underestimation to be an underdog in tournaments (people refused to side-deck against me for quite awhile until the next tournament when they knew what I could do. They decided to start really competing with me when I hit 12 years old and began to be strategic.)

I really did not start accomplishing big things like topping at regionals until I was 13 (so almost 4 years ago,) and did not attend a nationals until 2010 at Indianapolis with my Rock Stun. I didn't do so well as I thought I could've done, however I did manage to sell my deck for a high price so the trip was some-what worth it, despite all the expenses. Since that day I became a judge and started studying the technical concepts of yugioh and expanded my knowledge further than alot of people out there. I am still learning and I tend to make mistakes like a human should, however I pick myself up and I keep swimming~

Now, a new chapter opened up in my Yugioh career: online dueling. This barely happened at the beginning of June of this year. I started out playing on KCVDS and trolling my way up the ranks, again earning my reputation. Then I started looking through the forums and I saw advertisements for academies and landed myself in TWA, then redirected to WDA where I am now an admin at. I have had my past experience with online forums and whatnot, but online academies was something foreign to me. I have been so used to simple themes on websites and when I saw WDA I began to think of how busy academies look, then I saw even more and was astounded by good GFX at different places and saw why academy staff commonly use banners. I was fairly new to the online shufflers and quickly figured out that its all about probability in the end, which then determines how lucky you are with opening hands. Also you need the skill to play the cards right to begin with. I digress. I have yet to be in a war between academies, or on a war-team at that. I'm still curious as to how competitive war games are in comparison to what I experienced at Nationals down to my oh-so competitive and intuitive friends at locals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/
<psychoturtle>
Administrator
Administrator
<psychoturtle>

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:49 am

Omg you went Al-Bhed on us.
Back to top Go down
Namujess
Freshman
Namujess

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 11:47 am

i started bak in chaos era :3 started with that full deck for free <3
Back to top Go down
death-coder
Icicle Palace
Icicle Palace
death-coder

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 4:03 pm

i was watchin the show a lot of time ago when god gave me his hand and said to me

" enea, stop watching the show where yugi doesn't pay 800 LP for brain control, and start playing the game online ... "

since than i started playing the game online because they were screwing the rules on tv
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Icicle Palace
Icicle Palace
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 4:06 pm

Playing For Da Lulz BD
Back to top Go down
99nour
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
99nour

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:20 pm

My annoying dorky brother kept talking about the game for a year I just keep playing make him stfu
Back to top Go down
http://duelinguniversity.forumotion.com/
~Cassie~
Freshman
~Cassie~

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 4:53 am

liek most of tha othrs, the show is wut got me into it as well. i also got a shitload of cards, n jus kinda went from there ^^
Back to top Go down
JazziGrl00
Icicle Palace
Icicle Palace
JazziGrl00

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:40 am

My BF at the time introduced me to the game. He bought me a Machina Deck and i played that for a while. I quickly fell in love with the game and have played it since. Unlike other's I'm not a fan of the show, however Jack and Yusei don't look half bad.
Back to top Go down
Deckkie
Snowstorm Peak
Snowstorm Peak

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:02 am

I watched teh show, and in that year I went on holiday with my parents to spain.
Sounds cool, but it was in a non tourist area, then I found a store that sold yugioh cards! Spend all my money on yugi/kaiba/kpey structure decks and packs from the first set, pulling 100 hyozanryu's

Good times.
Back to top Go down
Drillwarrior
Snowstorm Peak
Snowstorm Peak
Drillwarrior

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 3:24 pm

It is fun =D
Back to top Go down
Arlong
Diamondust Mountain
Diamondust Mountain
Arlong

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 8:15 pm

i think it was back in 2003-4 that i bought a structure deck,i was going to stay with my grandparents and my older brother so we both bought a deck to have fun. Of course i was watching the show prior to that. BTW they were yugi and kaiba structure decks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord Kraybo
Snowstorm Peak
Snowstorm Peak
Lord Kraybo

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 8:26 pm

I started playing the game because my best friend got me a joey starter deck for christmas within about 6 months if it had evolved into something very frightening at one point I had archfiends,gravekeepers,dark magicians,dragons,and machines all in one deck. I got my heart broke when I took it to locals and lost to a relinquished deck. haha
Back to top Go down
Reginanos
Snowstorm Peak
Snowstorm Peak
Reginanos

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 8:29 pm

Hmm, I got into Yugioh back when the first Structure Deck (Dragon's Roar, they had really creative names back then) came out, and my mom bought it. I self-taught myself how to play, because there wasn't anyone really I could play with. I didn't really get started with Yugioh until the middle of the 5d's era, when my friends and I started playing it every day at lunch.
Back to top Go down
Rarikou
Icicle Palace
Icicle Palace
Rarikou

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:23 am

I learned out of pure rebellion

I had gotten my hands on some cards, and i intended to sell them to friends. Mom came in and saw the cards and she (being a religious nutcase) said, "These cards are the devil; (or something like that) and ripped up, and said I wasn't allowed to play

and thus, my underground learning of the game began. had fun ever since
Back to top Go down
Drillwarrior
Snowstorm Peak
Snowstorm Peak
Drillwarrior

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:06 pm

Rarikou wrote:
I learned out of pure rebellion

I had gotten my hands on some cards, and i intended to sell them to friends. Mom came in and saw the cards and she (being a religious nutcase) said, "These cards are the devil; (or something like that) and ripped up, and said I wasn't allowed to play

and thus, my underground learning of the game began. had fun ever since

Real open minded family....

(Sorry if I offended you with that comment)
Back to top Go down
death-coder
Icicle Palace
Icicle Palace
death-coder

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:36 pm

when i was 10 years old, i started playing poker and i was winning ... than i got bored of it. One night i dreamed of god saying to me : " Enea, in order to enter heaven you need to know how to play yugioh " ... than is tarted playing with hand-made cards and with pro effs. i didn't even know the rules. my bro came in the room and told me : " good to see you don't spend money on a ccg. " So i followed his wise advise and never spend any money on ygo ( except a little ) ... so screw all irl players that play yugioh because they are all so narrow minded ... and yes this is an offense http://r23.imgfast.n

now i am here online dooling with randoms and randoms ...

this was my ygo story ... if u don't like it, i couldn't care less
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What made you play this game?   What made you play this game? Empty

Back to top Go down

What made you play this game?
Page 1 of 1